Cannot delete email

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by erik7970, Jan 19, 2009.

1. erik7970 macrumors member

There is this one particular email that I cannot delete simply by dragging it to the trash or right clicking on it and selecting delete. It has been in my inbox for some time now. Initially, I figured I'd simply ignore it, but it's just annoying to have there. Any other email I receive I can delete with ease, but for some reason this I can't remove this one. It doesn't even load the content when it's highlighted. Can someone please assist?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

try typing the email title into Spotlight and deleting it from the Show All window.

3. erik7970 thread starter macrumors member

For some reason, when I type in the title or key words in Spotlight, the email doesn't show up. I even maid sure that Mail is checked off for the search results.

4. Salmar macrumors regular

Okay, try this and let us know if it works for you. Highlight the stubborn email and then go up to edit and click on cut. That should do the trick.

5. erik7970 thread starter macrumors member

I got it fixed. My computer science teacher suggested I use the rebuild feature and it worked. I appreciate everyone giving their suggestions and time.