iPhone 7(+) Cannot delete my iPhone7+ pic originally created on my Android SSGN2 & imported into my iPhone7+

JohnDohe

macrumors member
Original poster
Hi,

I imported a picture taken in 2015 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 into my iPhone7+ when I got it in November 2017.

Now I want to delete this pic.

I can't.

In my iPhone7+ I tap Photos, tap Photos, tap Select, tap the pic I want to delete and I get a check mark on the pic but . . . the trash icon in the bottom-right of the iPhone's screen remains greyed out.

I've tried connecting my iPhone7+ to my Mac, opened iTunes, selected my iPhone7+ and . . .
there's no Photo's folder under my iPhone7+ in iTunes.

ARGGHH!!!

What to do?

Any help much appreciated!

now i see it

macrumors 601
Jan 2, 2002
any photo imported into an iPhone from iTunes can only be deleted by connecting the iPhone back to the computer that had that photo exported from iTunes and it has to be deleted on the computer. Not the iPhone. Yes it's a horrible way to do things. In the future don't import photos from your computer to your iPhone via iTunes or you'll run into this problem again. There's a reason why people call breaking iTunes dependence "jail breaking". Cuz it's a prison.

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
any photo imported into an iPhone from iTunes can only be deleted by connecting the iPhone back to the computer that had that photo exported from iTunes and it has to be deleted on the computer. Not the iPhone. Yes it's a horrible way to do things. In the future don't import photos from your computer to your iPhone via iTunes or you'll run into this problem again. There's a reason why people call breaking iTunes dependence "jail breaking". Cuz it's a prison.
I thought he’s using photos to import other images to the iPhone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JohnDohe

macrumors member
Original poster
Post a screenshot of the screen you see.
upload_2019-7-9_12-56-36.png

[doublepost=1562691891][/doublepost]
I thought he’s using photos to import other images to the iPhone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@ "akash.nu" and "now i see it"

Thank you both for your help and interest in this most annoying problem!

Clarification:

I bought my iPhone7+ at Costco November 2017.

At Costco's cellphone kiosk, everything (texts, photos, notes, etc) was transferred from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SSGN2) to my new iPhone7+.

I recall that Costco had to load an app into my SSGN2 to facilitate this.

I don't recall if yet another app had to be installed in my iPhone7+ in order to accept the transfers from my SSGN2 but that does not mean they did not do so.

Hope this clarifies some. :)

Direk

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2017
Hi,

I imported a picture taken in 2015 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 into my iPhone7+ when I got it in November 2017.

Now I want to delete this pic.

I can't.

In my iPhone7+ I tap Photos, tap Photos, tap Select, tap the pic I want to delete and I get a check mark on the pic but . . . the trash icon in the bottom-right of the iPhone's screen remains greyed out.

I've tried connecting my iPhone7+ to my Mac, opened iTunes, selected my iPhone7+ and . . .
there's no Photo's folder under my iPhone7+ in iTunes.

ARGGHH!!!

What to do?

Any help much appreciated!

Today, I have the same issue, photos can’t be remove from my Iphone 7Plus! Those are iCloud copies.

Before anything else, create new Album Folders and transfer those images you don’t want to be deleted as back-up.

Go to Setting , click your iCloud account, click Photos then slide to OFF iCloud Photos.

At this point, it will inform you, total numbers of photos to be discarded or remove. Click Yes and photos will be deleted accordingly.

After deletion, slide back to ON your iCloud Photos.