Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Low country

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2016
South Carolina
Hi all,

Any ideas on how we clear out map recents on Apple Watch 4? They are totally cleared out on my iPhone X apple maps, but I see absolutely no option on the watch or in the watch app. I can't remove the Starbucks one....

Thx

Attachments

• +YO0oaiJT7ysjMwp%C3USg.jpg
    +YO0oaiJT7ysjMwp%C3USg.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 239

mrwalleyeman

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2010
Eastern Wa
from what I can tell is if you go into the maps app on your iPhone and slide to delete your recents there it will delete from your watch.

gus1989

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2011
Just deleted my recents on my
phone (7+ 12.1.3) (S3 5.1.3)
and they did delete rom my watch.

Low country

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2016
South Carolina
No recents in my Apple Maps on my iPhone X...All cleared out. Will not clear from my watch. iPhone X is 12.1.3, Series 4 watch is 5.1.3

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_53d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_53d.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 121

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
You have to delete the searches on all your Apple devices. If you have a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Watch you need to clear/delete them all. This is the same with Messages. If you want to delete a part of a message, you have to go onto all your devices. After that, go into iCloud and turn off and then turn back on the Sync feature for Maps.

if that doesn't work then go on your iPhone - open Watch App - Go to General - Scroll down to Erase data. I haven't tried that yet because the first steps worked.

Knight3

Suspended
Oct 19, 2018
No recents in my Apple Maps on my iPhone X...All cleared out. Will not clear from my watch. iPhone X is 12.1.3, Series 4 watch is 5.1.3

Try the following steps:

1. Open Maps on your iPhone. Minimize.
  2. Open Maps on your S4 and search for directions to a random place. Cancel.
  3. See if it appears in recent locations on your iPhone.
  4. If it does, try deleting the address on your iPhone and see if it's deleted on the Watch.

If NOT, I got nothing:rolleyes:

mrwalleyeman

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2010
Eastern Wa
Hi mrwalleyeman,

I cleared my recents on the map app on my iPhone X. Recents still shows up on the watch map.....

That's weird I did exactly what I said before I posted it, while watching my watch screen and as soon as I deleted from my phone it deleted from my watch. The only other thing is make sure your phone and watch are synced together.

Last edited:

ugadawgs00

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2009
I am having the same issue with my AW5. I have all recents deleted on both my phone and IPad. I have unpaired and paired the watch. Erased and deleted AW5. Removed the Maps app from both iPhone and IPad and reinstalled. Turned off Maps in iCloud and turned back on again. Nothing has worked. The same two ”Recent Searches” remain on the AW5 despite nothing showing in this field on the IPhone and IPad.

What’s odd, is that I can do a search for a restaurant for example, on any of the devices, and this search will show up as expected under recents on all devices. When I delete this new search, say on on my Iphone, it will be deleted on the AW5 as well, but the same two stubborn “original” searches remain. I contacted Apple technical support, and they were stumped. Still have an open ticket for the issue...

Johnny Jackhammer

macrumors regular
May 5, 2011
For Posterity,
Check this setting on macOS:

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Details > Significant Locations > Details

If this is on and populated with locations, these will be continuously added to your "Recent Locations" until they are deleted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.