Cannot delete some data out of iCloud storage

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by iStorm, Feb 8, 2018.

1. iStorm macrumors member

I am having a problem with being able to delete some data out of my iCloud storage. On my iPhone or iPad, I'm going to 'Manage Storage' and trying to delete data from iCloud Drive/Other Documents, iMovie, Alto's Adventure, and Siri, but nothing happens after deleting - it just stays on that screen and still shows that they have data if I go back and refresh. (I was able to delete some other categories earlier.)

The same thing also happens when trying to do it on my Mac. It just says that it couldn't be deleted and "Try Again Later".

My iCloud Drive or iMovie have no visible documents in those apps, but they both show as having less than 1 MB of data. I know it's nothing to worry about given the low amount of storage they're taking up, but it seems like I should still be able to delete everything.

Is this a common problem, or known issue? Any workarounds?

2. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

I have been complaining to Apple for a number of weeks of this. I deleted a 3.1GB file from icloud over a month ago and despite removing it from icloud storage the 3.1GB has not been recredited back to my account.

3. now i see it macrumors 68040

iCloud is quirky at best. Try renaming files sometime. Sometimes works, often doesn't (for me).

4. zz_nosa_r macrumors regular

zz_nosa_r

I previously have the same issue. But i just found out that of you delete something in your phone in icloud, it will mot actually delete it but goes to the “Bin”. The only way to completely delete it is to log in to icloud.com and go to bin then delete the files there or empty the bin.

5. SoYoung macrumors 6502a

iCloud is by far the worst cloud service I tested. Still can’t delete a local iCloud Drive file without delete it completely from the cloud...