Cannot do a fresh restore?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by NickyLanzz, Jul 30, 2013.

1. NickyLanzz macrumors regular

Anybody know how to fix this? The only time I used my PC for the beta was when I first installed beta 1. Ever since I have been doing the OTA's. Do I need the ISPW of beta 4 to do a fresh restore? Do I need the beta version on iTunes? If so I am screwed till a windows version is out. Note that I did get the beta on my i5 device legitimately.

[​IMG]

2. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

You probably would need to download the .ipsw file somewhere else, I don't think I'm allow to post the link.

Then, put the iPhone in DFU mode and option/shift Restore and select the .ipsw file you want to install.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

No need to go into DFU. Just make sure you have the correct beta 4 file, hold shift + restore and select the beta 4 file.

4. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

Are you sure you have the correct file for your phone? GSM and CMDA have different model numbers and you need the one that corresponds to what you have.

5. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

Yeah I know, but since he's been having problems I was just recommending DFU mode to be on the safe side.

6. NickyLanzz thread starter macrumors regular

I never really did a "fresh" restore before. Once I set it up as a new iPhone, I am guessing I then click restore from back-up?