iPod touch Cannot downgrade from iOS 5 Beta 7

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Komentra, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Komentra, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011

Komentra macrumors member

Like many curiosity got the best of me and I installed iOS 5 Beta 7 and could not get the jailbreak to work. It kept saying the ipsw wasn't correct or something like that and since the jailbreak didn't work I can't use the device at all.

Anyways, I downloaded the 4.3.5 firmware for my iPod Touch 4g and put my device into recovery/dfu mode and pressed shift+restore (Windows). This brings up the file manager and allows me to select which ipsw I would like to install and I selected "iPod4,1_4.3.5_8L1_Restore" which is the latest and it acts like its going to work and then I get this: http://screencast.com/t/I8j03A2EM

I've attempted to restore within iTunes 4.0 and iTunes 5.0 Beta 7 and both give me the same result. I can't think of what to do, I'd like to just go back to 4.3.5 and be patient for iOS 5. Anyone have any tips or suggestions? Anything would be appreciated.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Recovery mode and DFU mode aren't the same thing. Make sure you are in DFU mode.

Also, did you Ever edit your host file and/or use TinyUmbrella?

3. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

I also used iReb to force DFU mode. Same result.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Okay. Google "iPod error ####" #### being the number shown in your error message. Try any suggestions that come up.

5. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

Will do. Already tried one suggested fix: http://osxdaily.com/2010/12/06/error-3194-fix-for-itunes/

But that also didn't work. :(
    Will continue to Google and keep trying.

6. GPowerE36 macrumors 6502

GPowerE36

7. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

8. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

I give up. I guess I'll just stick to a unusable device until iOS5 comes out and hope iTunes lets me update to it. I've been fiddling with tinyumbrella, fixrecvery, and iReb, for the last three hours and following numerous tutorials I've found on google and nothing has worked.

It's even starting to give me different error codes now (the last one was 11).

9. GPowerE36 macrumors 6502

GPowerE36

Have you reserved SHSH and which version you try to upload?

10. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean? SHSH? I know nothing about SHSH's and do you mean what version am I trying to install? If so 4.3.5, the latest official release.

11. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

It's possible to downgrade. You have to change your hosts file, also follow this guide, it helped me a couple days ago when I was downgrading my iPhone from iOS 5.

12. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

I was able to upgrade, downgrade, do anything once I REMOVED everything apple from my hosts file. What a relief! RESOLVED!