Cannot download age-restricted apps

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kaibob, Dec 3, 2010.

1. kaibob macrumors regular

I am unable to download/update age-restricted apps by way of my iPad's App-Store app. Instead, I get an error message that states "Cannot connect to iTunes Store." I am able to update/download apps that are not age-restricted.

I have already done the following:

* Checked the Settings app to insure that restrictions are not enabled.

* Powered the iPad off/on and did a hard reboot.

* Googled for help.

* Searched the Apple site on the words, age restricted.

Anyone know how to fix this?

RELATED POST
    http://discussions.info.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2649357

2. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

I don't have an iPad but I do have a suggestion. Using the computer you sync your iPad with start iTunes and go to preferences parental. Make sure all parental restrictions are off. You could also turn off home sharing (you can turn it back on if it doesn't fix things for you).

These are fairly easy to try. I saw the link and see others have the same problem... good luck, a call into apple support might be in order if you can't figure it out or a trip to the genius at the apple store. Give him a simple problem to prove his genius.

3. kaibob thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I sent a request for assistance to Apple and within 15 minutes I was able to download age-restricted apps. This issue had been present for over 24 hours, so I guess Apple is just quick to respond. Good to get this fixed.