Cannot download new apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CulinaryFrog, Sep 9, 2008.

1. CulinaryFrog macrumors newbie

I have been trying to download apps for the past few days And haven't been able to. The icons appear, but it gets stuck on loading. I tried to check for purchases in itunes, but I got a message saying that all purchases have been installed. They don't appear in itunes. I even did a restore and the icons are still stuck on the screen and I can't download anything. Anyone know what I can do?

2. warburg macrumors 6502

Delete your apps; upgrade to itunes 8.0; download the apps again. The repeat downloads will be free, of course.

3. CulinaryFrog thread starter macrumors newbie

the apps that are stuck on my iphone do not appear in iTunes. I tried to download them from the store, but it says that I have already purchased the item. When I check for purchases it tells me all program have been downloaded. I upgraded both iTunes and my iphone and it didn't do much. I also cannot upgrade apps through itunes. It gives me some weird code error and trying to update through the iPhone causes the stuck icon problem and I can no longer use the app.

4. warburg macrumors 6502

Wait until after you download the 2.1 upgrade, supposedly available tomorrow. If you still have this problem, take the phone back to Apple.