Cannot figure out StreamripperX

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by TrailerTrish, Feb 5, 2012.

1. TrailerTrish macrumors member

I wanted to record off iTunes, and what I read online told me that StreamripperX was the way to go, so I got it, installed it, and tried to use it as directed, and it will not work.

It says to drag and drop the station from iTunes, and when I do that I get an incredibly long URL that does not work. It starts with http://pri.kts-af.net/redir/index.pls..... and goes from there.

So has Apple done in StreamripperX somehow? I sure can't get it to work. I'm only interested in the New Age music channel, and the streams that come with Streamripper are just not at all my cup of tea.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. TrailerTrish thread starter macrumors member

I'm running Leopard on a Power Mac G4 MDD, and iTunes 10.5.3 (3).

4. simsaladimbamba

I use iTunes 10.5.3 (3) on 10.6.8 and downloaded the latest version of StreamRipperX and could drag and drop a stream from iTunes to SRX, the .pls path is correct, as .pls is a playlist.

I could rip via the Rip...or stop button and via the File > Rip stream menu and via CMD+R.
    [​IMG]

5. TrailerTrish thread starter macrumors member

Ah! Thank you so very much! That works! I'm not sure why I was having trouble, I had just clicked on the cogwheels, and got a message saying in general that it wouldn't work... for some reason.

I'm so very glad you were around to help!@ :)