Cannot find flash drive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by PhoenixFury, Mar 23, 2009.

1. PhoenixFury macrumors newbie

I have a 32MB flash drive and I though of experimenting with my TimeMachine on my MacBook Pro :apple:. I never used time machine before. I deleted everything from my flash drive and opened up time machine. I then selected my flash drive to be used as a back up drive, I was asked to erase flash drive and reformat ... o_O I wasnt to sure about it but I did it anyway [stupid I know, dont bash me] so TimeMachine began to back up onto my flash drive, then I got a notice that said that I cant back up on my flash drive as it only has 31.2 MB where 91MB was needed. So I took it out. Less than a minute later I inserted my flash back into my mac and it was not being detected. I cant find it in my finder or my desktop.. I even looked for it using spotlight and nothing was found. Its brand new and I really hope I could use it again. Somebody please help.

p.s I also tried using another flash drive and it was detected as soon as it was inserted. :confused:

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Launch Disk Utility and see if it recognizes it.

3. PhoenixFury thread starter macrumors newbie

thankx it kindda worked...

well it was found but now i have another problem...

im trying to repair it and it fails.

Verify and Repair volume “disk5s2”
    Error: Filesystem verify or repair failed.

Thats what it says with everything that i try. I just put my flash back into my computer and it said "the disk inserted is not readable my this computer."

Keep in mind that i was working perfectly before. :(