Cannot find google maps on App Store

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by saberahul, Jul 16, 2013.

1. saberahul macrumors 68040

Has it been pulled? Searched and nothing. Went to googles developer info page and not there either...

2. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Version 2.0 is rolling out now - that's why you can't find it. I have it on my iPhone, thanks to 9to5Mac.com. The way to get it now is to delete it from your phone, go to the App Store on your phone, go to Updates, then Purchased, and locate it there. It will allow you to download it from iCloud, and it will be version 2.0. It looks great so far.

3. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

According to Engadget, the Google Maps 2.0 update is beginning to roll out so it's probably pulled until the release.

4. wlow3 macrumors regular

What rwilliams said is correct. Note that you *do* have to delete the app first before going to the (previously) Purchased section of the App Store app and then you choose from the "Not on this iPhone/iPad" set of apps. If you don't delete it first, and you go to the All (previously purchased) apps section, it will not work. Also it is a universal app so if you had the iPhone version on your iPad, it will upgrade to the iPad app on the iPad. I have it now.

Otherwise wait till 1:00 am EST, which is the time the WSJ said it will be up in the US iTunes store.

5. rwilliams, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013

rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Are you able to find the new Explore feature? You're supposed to just tap on the search box and it appears, but I don't seem to have it.

EDIT: I found it. It's not always available, it seems. It only appears in areas that have multiple options for eating, drinking, etc.

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Available for update now, so it would assume it's available for first time download as well.