Cannot find Imac HD!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pureelite1, Nov 15, 2009.

1. pureelite1 macrumors member

I just bought my first mac yesterday, so i'm new to the switch and i don't have a clue what happened but whenever i go to the finder i can't see any option to view my HD? It's not even on the desktop yet everything seems to be working fine. Please could anyone explain how i can get it to appear again? Detailed instructions appreciated since i'm new to macs.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Im not sure if I have the same problem as you but I think its a bug with Snow Leopard.

I generally go System Preferences > Displays > Change the resolution > then change it back to what it was previously.

It seems to 'refresh' the screen, and its almost as if the HD icon is off the edge of the screen.

Try it, if it doesn't work post back...

3. pureelite1 thread starter macrumors member

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Ok

If you click finder in the dock and then press 'CMD and ,' it shows what things are meant to be showing on the desktop. Is the HD ticked?

5. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Open Finder > Preferences and see what you have checked. I should be something like this:

Attached Files:

6. turkay macrumors regular

turkay

Or you may just need a Finder relaunch ;)

You may relaunch Finder with command+alt+escape and selecting Finder and realunch

or

Clicking the dock's Finder icon while pressing the option key and selecting realunch

7. macuser154 macrumors 6502

This worked for me, I just bought a Mac Mini, and the HD icon was missing on it as well.

8. pureelite1 thread starter macrumors member