Cannot for the life of me figure out five-column springboard

i11i1i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Hey guys,

I've been struggling with five-column springboard for--don't laugh--two hours now. This is the first time I've jailbroken one of my iPhones. I'm running 4.0.1 on an iPhone 4.

EVERY time I download five-column springboard from cydia, it resprings and all of my apps come out of their folders and they can't be arranged in columns of five (in other words, it doesn't work and it rearranges all of my apps). When I uninstall five-column springboard, everything returns to normal.

I'm sure the fix is so simple, I'm just a newbie and can't figure it out.

PLEASE HELPPPPP. Thanks!

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Hey guys,

I've been struggling with five-column springboard for--don't laugh--two hours now. This is the first time I've jailbroken one of my iPhones. I'm running 4.0.1 on an iPhone 4.

EVERY time I download five-column springboard from cydia, it resprings and all of my apps come out of their folders and they can't be arranged in columns of five (in other words, it doesn't work and it rearranges all of my apps). When I uninstall five-column springboard, everything returns to normal.

I'm sure the fix is so simple, I'm just a newbie and can't figure it out.

PLEASE HELPPPPP. Thanks!
Five Columns is broke and does not work with iSO4...use Iconoclasm...it is not free though...it costs $3 in Cydia. The same developer created both and I highly doubt he is going to fix 5 column. 5 dock does work though.

DeuceDeuce

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2007
San Dimas, CA
Five Columns is broke and does not work with iSO4...use Iconoclasm...it is not free though...it costs $3 in Cydia. The same developer created both and I highly doubt he is going to fix 5 column. 5 dock does work though.
Iconoclasm doesn't work with folders yet, does it?

DeuceDeuce

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2007
San Dimas, CA
Iconoclast works terrific! G.O.C. PRO needs some recoding after Winterboard is fixed.
You keep saying Iconclast, you are talking about Iconoclasm right? If so, it doesn't work for me at all. Maybe its conflicting with another program I have but according to the devs twitter account he is aware that folders dont work with in on iPhone 4 and is working on it.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
No need, many of us have it running. SFC has is wrong about it not working.
It was JUST updated and works fine now. At the time of my post it did not work and that is why I recommended something that did work and fully disclosed it was a paid app. There are posts all over the place that supported mine and once the dev updated it, then it made "OLD" posts moot.

Sorry to those that may not understand apps get updated and made a purchase on my recommendation, that was not my intent. My intent was to answer questions and help users get five or more columns.

At the time I WAS NOT wrong!:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.