Cannot get e-mail in any email app!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Illuminated, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

So, I tried to receive e-mails in the Mail app, and it doesn't send me anything, when I know for a FACT that I should have new emails. I checked comcast.net, and it sent me all new emails.

This morning, my ipod freaked out, and it wouldn't restart. When it did finally restart, my email said I had 287 new emails. Which is nuts. It had emails from a month ago! The same thing happened on the Mail app, and now Entourage.

I don't get it. Since this, it won't receive any new emails since this morning....

HELP.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

There is no mystery. You can't send email because you have not properly setup your SMTP [outgoing mail] server. You have all those old messages because after downloading them from the POP3 [incoming mail] server, you never removed them from the server.

3. Illuminated thread starter macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

I can SEND, but I cannot RECEIVE.

4. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

No need to shout :p

I know Rogers ****s up the sending of emails on their service if you use a desktop client, maybe you are having a similar issue?

5. Illuminated thread starter macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

I use Mail, but if you actually read my original post, you'd see that I tried using Entourage, and it wouldn't receive any emails.

This morning, I was on my iPod Touch, and using the FB app, and I checked an odd looking message, and it freaked out, crashed, my iPot became unresponsive. I attempted to restart it, and it didn't work right away, when it did, I had 287 new e-mails. Most of them were from last month, and 2 weeks ago...

From this, i checked the emails on my computer, and it had the same, 287 emails. From this, I can't receive ANY emails. I CAN SEND them, but it doesn't receive them.