Cannot get itunes to detect iphone 4 (or ipod touch)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rhyu, May 18, 2011.

1. Rhyu macrumors newbie

Hello, as the title suggest I'm having troubles getting my laptop to detect my iphone 4, as well as my ipod touch. I've tried numerous suggestions around the web but I have yet to find something that works.

I'm running a laptop with SP2 XP. They both sync fine with our other laptop that runs Vista so I know the cable works fine. However, I really want to get them to work on this computer, since it is my primary (the other is my wife's).

When I plug the phone in its detected as a camera and windows gives that what do you want to do list with camera (and word) related options.

I've already uninstalled and re-installed itunes (i've tried the oldest compatible versions of itunes as well).
    I've been working on this for a long time so the computer has been restarted
    I've tried re-installing drivers (ie. by the devices method, as well as trying to get drivers through the take a photo and have the computer download drivers method)
    I've checked that the usbaapl.syc (or whatever the file name was) was present, which it is.
    The phone is obviously detected- and in services it has both apple mobile device and ipod services.

I've tried pretty much anything I can think of or have happened across on the web. Considering both my devices wont sync, and I know they're functional, as well as the cable I'm pretty sure its something with the computer. Does anyone have any ideas what is the issue here and what to do to fix it? My frustration levels are definately rising...

2. Rhyu thread starter macrumors newbie

3. samywamy10 macrumors regular

samywamy10