Cannot get Mobile me To work...anyone help out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdventurousJosh, Sep 20, 2008.

1. AdventurousJosh macrumors 6502

I just bought my iPhone and immediately plugged it into my Mac and hit Sync. It then right away put all of my bookmarks and such on my iPhone, great.
    Then I went to hook up my mobile me business. I went into my Macbooks preferences and selected "synchronize every hour" and then I clicked every single block.
    I then went into my iPhone under the contacts, mail, ect settings and clicked "on" for everything there.
    Then I went back into my Safari and all my bookmarks and contacts were gone. I cannot get them back for the life of me.

Any help would be awesome.

2. alFR macrumors 68020

Make sure you followed the sync setup instructions here exactly. If you did and you still have no data on the phone, you need to work out if it's the mac - me.com bit or the me.com - phone bit that has gone wrong. Is your data visible via the MobileMe web apps if you log in to www.me.com?

3. AdventurousJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

I have, it's not working. I go to calendar on my Mac, change a date, and it doesn't appear on my iPhone, none of my bookmarks or anything. this is so frustrating! anyone, please?

EDIT: www.me.com has the updated calender, but not my iphone...anyone?

4. AdventurousJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

So, www.me.com and my Mac appears to be syncing, but my Iphone appears to not. How can I fix this?

5. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

when you plug your iPhone into your computer, what does it say in the info tab? Make sure it says that you are synicing contacts etc over-the-air with MM.

You might try deleting your MM account from your iPhone and be sure that there's no "syncing" info on there whatsoever. Then add your me.com account and click all info you want to be pushed. Once that's finished, open up your Contact.app and leave it open until you see all of your contacts. Then check your Calendar.app.

6. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Sorry, I read your posts several times over, and realized my suggestions weren't consistent with the problems you're reporting.

One thought though: why did you set your sync to happen every hour? The point of it syncing automatically is that every time you change something (anywhere) it will automatically sync to the cloud, and to the devices connected to it. Perhaps change your sync settings to "Automatically." That might solve your sync issues.

7. AdventurousJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for your help.
    I think I may have it fixed. I think the problem was I was syncing my iPhone with my Mac rather then just turning on mobile me right away, and syncing through the air.

So, thank you.

Josh