Cannot get past "connect to iTunes screen" to activate Verizon iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jonter19, Oct 14, 2011.

1. jonter19 macrumors member

I need some major help.

I had a Verizon iPhone 4. Got the 4S today. Now I want to activate the 4 on my wife's number.

So I activated the 4S (deactivating the 4). I then did a restore on the 4 so that my wife could have a fresh factory reset.

Now the 4 is showing the "Connect to iTunes" screen, as well as letting me make emergency calls. When I connect the 4 to iTunes, my computer sits there a few minutes, then tells me it cannot process my request. I've tried this about 20 times. Restarted computer and everything else I can think of, but it still says that it cannot connect. I even put the phone into DFU mode and did another restore, but the same problem persists.

The funny thing is I can click on the "iTunes Store" tab in iTunes and the store immediately loads up. My internet connection is fine and the store is not down.

On the Verizon side, I can switch her number over to the iPhone 4, but I have to call *228 to finish the activation. With it only letting me make emergency calls, it won't accept *228.

It's like I can't finish the activation until I get to the iPhone springboard, but I can't get to the iPhone springboard until I activate the phone.

Can anyone tell me how to get past the "connect to iTunes screen?" Or anyway to make iTunes process my request when I plug the phone in?

2. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I would take it to the Verizon Store and let them activate it.