Cannot get windows installed on my mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Iceman187, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Iceman187, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010

Iceman187 macrumors newbie

Okay, after reading all the posts I can find about my issue, I find nothing that helps, so I am creating one with my exact issue to see if anyone can help.

A few months ago I bought snow leopard and installed windows 7 32 bit Home premium on my mac.

It is a mac mini intel duo core. I have 2 GB of ram and I bought the windows 7 disc at Best Buy. everything worked fine the first time I installed windows 7. A while later I decided I didnt want windows any more so I got rid of it.

Recently I decided I wanted it again. so I tried my hand at it. Created a partition in boot camp, put the windows disc in and it wont install.

I have a wireless mouse, and an external HD. I also have an external disc drive cause the internal on my mac mini burnt out.

Again, the first time I tried to install windows it worked, and everything was fine.

Now it wont work, I either get a black screen after a few moments of the windows disc appearing to spinning, that reads CDBOOT: Memory overflow error, insert boot disc and press any key to continue (or however it reads)

or. when I unplug my external HD, and try again, it goes to a white screen and soon after the windows disc stops spinning and nothing happens at all.

It is the full version, not an upgrade disc.

I had at one point gotten everything to work, so why not now?

One more thing. The second time around I tried to install windows when I tried to create the partition, it wouldnt work and said that some files could not be moved. So... I uninstalled a large file game I had, tried again, still nothing, so I started ALL over and completely reinstalled OSX, the discs that came with my mac mini, then installed snow leopard again. And it lets me create the windows partition in bootcamp, but wont install windows now.

Any help on this?

oh and when i installed windows the first time I had my wireless mouse, external disc drive and external HD. So nothing has changed there. Basically, everything I did when it worked, is the same and wont work this time.

2. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

I think you are mixing up something. Windows cannot be installed from an USB optical disk drive because it wants to boot from the internal DVD drive.

3. Iceman187 thread starter macrumors newbie

well.....

I'd say you're right but I installed windows before using it. So thats not the problem.