Cannot get xp drivers off OSX disc

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by lynxinator, Dec 13, 2010.

1. lynxinator macrumors newbie

So I installed xp via bootcamp just fine. One problem; no drivers! I inserted the OSX install DVD in, xp did not recognize it. Under 'properties' it said it was a blank cd with 0 megabytes on it and 0 megabytes of storage. If I opened the DVD there was nothing there.
    I did get this CD from someone else, it is the 'official' OSX Snow Leopard DVD copied onto another cd, but theoretically everything is there.
    I am running a non unibody macbook pro 15", might I be able to download these drivers elsewhere? Or does anyone know what is going on with the DVD drive... thank you!

2. simsaladimbamba

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

simsaladimbamba where did you get that the OP was running server?

You didn't mention which OS X install disc you were using on your MBP. Assuming you upgraded your non-unibody MBP to Snow Leopard you want to use the Snow Leopard upgrade disc, not the 10.4.x disc that shipped with your system. Boot Camp 1.x drivers were not on the system install disc.

B

4. simsaladimbamba

(laughing about itself - cuckoo in the head)

I think I read "SERVER", but now I can't find it anymore. Maybe my pigs are playing me tricks.

Hmm, time to go to 4chan.

5. lynxinator thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the assistance

I realized soon after that while I did not have the original snow leopard discs, I did have the original leopard discs, and the drivers on those worked fine with a bit of updating. Again, thank you for taking time to respond!