Cannot install Bluetooth Driver Windows 10

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gfreek, Aug 16, 2016.

1. gfreek macrumors newbie

I'm currently running windows 10 via bootcamp on my Macbook 12 2016 everything works except apple bluetooth driver will not install instead using Microsoft bluetooth stack.

Although we are led to believe that apple have updated all their drivers in BootCamp V6 to be compatible with Windows 10 it seems the Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth driver is NOT Windows 10 compatible!

While BootCamp shows its installed the bluetooth driver but it is NOT and even when I try to do it manually via device manager it installs but does not work the "Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth" icon has a yellow warning triangle on it. With status this device cannot be started (code 10) error!

So basically when you try to update the driver via device manager Windows defaults to standard Microsoft Bluetooth Stack - bluetooth radio. see attached image. This driver actually works very well other than the audio stutters when Bluetooth devices settings is open.

It's frustrating that apple do half-hearted effort on Bootcamp drivers and take their sweet damn time to update them. I don't understand the logic as the end user will have a poor experience with Windows on Mac, then what's the point of even providing bootcamp?? Or is it so that because of the poor experience the end user will stick with Mac???

If anyone has solution or workaround to install this driver on windows 10 bootcamp please advise.

Attached Files:

2. SteveJUAE macrumors 68020

SteveJUAE

If it works what's the problem :)

Yes I was surprised as in the beginning early rMB 2015 and prior Win10 we had no compatible drivers. Apple release a bootcamp update just before Win10 so BT was working I assumed after upgrading to Win10 it was the same driver, but apparently not. As everything seems to work fine I never bothered to check .

3. likethebossiam macrumors newbie

likethebossiam

The aformentioned stack isn't working for me at all, I cannot even connect my wireless keyboards. I'm currently using a Late 2016 MBP15" with touchbar. Do you have any solutions?