Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkwlee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
My 6+ runs iOS 9.3.5, and I cannot install iOS 10 GM via iTune on my desktop computer, and it shows error 14. I have iCloud bacup, but I have old backup in my computer, what should I do, do I need to delete the old backup in my computer first? Thx!

blindside217

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
My 6+ runs iOS 9.3.5, and I cannot install iOS 10 GM via iTune on my desktop computer, and it shows error 14. I have iCloud bacup, but I have old backup in my computer, what should I do, do I need to delete the old backup in my computer first? Thx!

I had the error when doing mine. It refers to USB problems. I was using a USB extender and switched to connecting directly but still got the error. I then switched from my Mac Mini to my MacBook Air and used a new Lightning cable and it worked so not sure if the problem was the cable or the computer.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I believe you need the latest GM version of Xcode installed as well.

tkwlee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
I had the error when doing mine. It refers to USB problems. I was using a USB extender and switched to connecting directly but still got the error. I then switched from my Mac Mini to my MacBook Air and used a new Lightning cable and it worked so not sure if the problem was the cable or the computer.

But I can restore my 6+ with iOS 9.3.5 successfully.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
As C DM said, error 14 is because Xcode beta is not installed. Use OTA to avoid this.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I am using Windows 10. Still needs XCode?
Based on some previous discussions about this in a few threads I think you might be out of luck with Windows at this point in time. Might be better off going down the OTA path for GM, or just waiting for a few days more until the public version is out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.