Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Chicago
I was running a non-legit copy of Leopard (Not that it matters anymore), I had my HD partitioned for a Boot Camp section and an OS X section. This mornign I decided to format for reasons not relevant and I don't know what to do now. What I did was go into Disk Utility, delete the Windows partition, attempt to make the whole drive one partition again but it failed. I've been trying to repair it over and over and try different methods of partitioning and whatnot but nothing is working.

When I put in my girlfriends Leopard cd's it says Leopard cannot be installed on this partition. What's going on?

-Rich L.

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Are the Leopard discs from another Mac or a retail copy? Make sure you formatting the drive as a OS X journaled drive and not as MS DOS.

RichL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Chicago
They are from another mac. Does that matter?

I formatted it correctly I think. Just clicked default as the option.

It has to be the disks then...are they created to not be shared? If thats the case Im gonan have to install from my fjhrefihefifhiff iPod again.

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Yes, they are tied specifically to the computer they were bundled with. It should work fine if you install it from the "retail" disc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.