Cannot install Teamviewer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by machelpneeded, Mar 17, 2010.

1. machelpneeded macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I am using my girlfriend's Macbook and i cannot seem to install teamviewer. For a start i think she has her applications folder in the wrong location (she must have moved it). Instead of it being in her name profile where her photos and what not are its actually installed along side of her profile (so as soon as you double click MacHD application folder apprears in there).

We are using MacOSX 10.5.8 - so essentially no compatibility issues with team viewer.

the problem i have is when i download teamviewer it states to move the application icon into application folder. No probs. except when i try to drag it into the application folder it wont let me (as in the greyed out circle with the stike through it).

ill say it again incase this has somethig to do with it not working - on her Macbook the app foldder is located in MacHD along side her profile name, she must have moved it, i have tried to move it back under name profile but it says not enough space.

So to get it the application icon under applicaiton folder, we move it first into the MacHD drive - authernticate it via password, then move it from MacHD to app folder. Even when we get it into the app folder the download icon still appears on the desktop?? weird?

So you think this would then work, right? Well when i go into the app folder and double click the teamvirewer icon, it then again says "please move into application folder" so something isnt registering.

Any help is appreciated?

Thanks all.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's where it should be.
    Picture 4.jpg
    Instead, drag the TeamViewer.app directly to the Applications folder in Finder or on the Dock.

3. machelpneeded thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi GG. Thanks for quick response!

Ok when i open the finder, there is no application folder listed? this is why i originally thought that her app folder was in wrong located. any ideas?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Do a search of the Macintosh HD and locate the Applications folder.
    Drag it back to Macintosh HD from wherever it was moved to.

5. machelpneeded thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, So something weird is happening. When i open the finder fro the dock essentially it opens up "jessica" profile, there is no application folder there. However the application foldder is located in MacHD>Applications???

I have tried to drag the applications folder from MacHD into the finder ("Jessica profile") however there is not enough space.

ha ha im so confused.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

When you open Finder, here is where your folders should be:
    "Jessica" should be where "user1" is in my example.
    Picture 6.jpg

7. machelpneeded thread starter macrumors newbie

got it thanks for your help. Problem fixed. i had someone at work who did it for me. Thread closed.