Cannot install W7...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by uRabbit, Nov 18, 2011.

1. uRabbit macrumors member

I have my Windows 7 DVD in, and have partitioned an external to FAT.

After allocating partitions, I get:
    The installer disc could not be found.

Insert your Windows installer disc and wait a few seconds for the disc to be recognized.

This is an ISO burnt to a DVD.

2. Sincci macrumors regular

The installation doesn't have to be started from the bootcamp assistant, you can simply reboot your machine and hold 'C' key down. If the ISO has been burned properly into the dvd, it should boot the installer this way.

3. uRabbit thread starter macrumors member

Ah! All this time, I thought it was 'option' to do that. I will give this a shot. :)

4. uRabbit, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

uRabbit thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well crap!

So I burnt it again and it booted via Boot Camp. However, the installer said it could not be installed to any of my partitions (two of which are FAT, one 20 GB, the other 500). And now it will not boot to Mac. Without Windows DVD in, it goes to the black screen saying no bootable device.

Edit: Reset PRAM. Need to figure out what's wrong with the parts...
    Edit: Some Googling suggest I don't have all the drivers...? How do I get them on there then?
    Also, holding down c nor option work.

5. uRabbit thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

It looks as though I have it working.

In the window in which you select the disk to install Windows on, if it says it cannot be installed on that disk, click Options (Advanced) and select Format.

It is currently 'Expanding Windows files'. However, it is taking a good deal of time and hovering at 0%, so we shall see if it truly works or not!

6. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Yup you have to do the advanced option and force it to ntfs and make sure that you have selected the bootcamp partition.

It does sit at 0% for a while ... good luck!