Cannot Install Windows Via Boot Camp Without Downloading Windows Support Software. Any workaround?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MRxROBOT, Jan 8, 2017.

1. MRxROBOT macrumors 6502

MRxROBOT

I want to reinstall Windows via Boot camp. I have the latest Boot camp drivers saved from a previous install but the assistant will not let me move forward without re downloading all of it.

The Problem. I'm away form home and my broadband connection. The hotel I'm at has limited bandwidth to 30 KB/s and my mobile connection keeps dropping out which causes the whole process to start all over again. So I'm stuck at an endless loop.

I have the 2015 15" MacBook Pro and for some asinine reason Apple has removed the option to install Windows without downloading the support software first on all newer Macs.

Is there any way to force macOS to create the Boot Camp partition without re-downloading the support software?

Surely there must be a workaround for environments with more than a few macs. It certainly wouldn't make sense having to re-download the same support software package onto a dozen macs in an office.

Appreciate any help.

2. MRxROBOT thread starter macrumors 6502

MRxROBOT