Cannot keep my wireless connection

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MadmanPanda, Nov 3, 2011.

1. MadmanPanda macrumors newbie

Salutations, all!

When I first got my Macbook Tiger was pre-installed. After almost a year I upgraded to Leopard with no problems. I'd see, every now and then, someone talking about how Leopard was unable to keep a connection. I swear, right after that my wireless connection began going in and out. I played around with the DNS settings for a little while, and voila! Everything was fine. Anyhow, fastforward to my upgrading to Snow Leopard, everything was fine up until two months ago, when I moved. My Macbook has not been able to keep a connection since then! Literally every 5-10 minutes it will disconnect, but not completely. When I open up Network Diagnostics, Airport, Airport Settings, and Network Settings are all green, but ISP and the following two are yellow. Every once and a while from Network Settings and on will be red. It's really driving me crazy! I work from my computer and I can barely do that! If anyone can help me diagnose this situation I would be forever grateful!
    Thanks in advance.

2. MadmanPanda thread starter macrumors newbie

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

have you tested any other devices on your router?

sometimes those need a reset usually a reset button on them, also i notice my routers need to be replaced every few years

4. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

keep the macbook in the same room as the router. It's possible that you are getting interference from competing signal in the same or neighboring spectrum. One other thing is to go into the router and manually set a channel.