Cannot keep unlimited data from 1G iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by excalibur313, Jun 25, 2010.

1. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Hi Everyone,
    I wanted to let you all know that if you try to keep your unlimited data plan and you had an original iphone before, they won't let you do it. I spoke with multiple apple and att people and it turns out that since the original iphone uses an edge unlimited plan and the new iphone uses a 3g, it won't work.

Let the bitching begin...

2. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

I upgraded an original iPhone to an iPhone 4 yesterday and kept unlimited data on it. There was no issue at all.

3. Mjmar macrumors 65816

Wrong. My sister was offered the unlimited plan and she was coming from a first gen. iPhone.

4. Wailord macrumors 6502

Yeah, AT&T confirmed you can keep unlimited data, you'd just have to push it up to the $30 plan as opposed to the $20.

5. Sedin macrumors member

I kept mine too. Mine was an EDGE too. I did feel a little guilty that my Best Buy guy was stuck onhold getting my unlimited pla for me while getting stared down by the people want their iPhones NAO.

6. h.machuca macrumors newbie

I upgraded from a 1G and still have unlimited.

7. excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

What the heck is wrong with all the att and people I spoke with then? I must have spoken with 5 different reps. I thought that it was what you guys were saying before...

8. tivoboy macrumors 68030

well

Well, I'm going to be doing the GF phone this weekend (although, MY iphone4 has the reception problem which I do NOT like) and she is coming from the iphone 1G. I certainly HOPE they don't make one sign up for the crazy stupid plans. It would appear that only the OP had this issue, but I'll let ya'll know after this weekend.