cannot launch apps from old appleid

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pmacleod8, Apr 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pmacleod8 macrumors newbie

I upgraded my phone from iPhone4 to iPhone5.
    Apps and everything transferred OK except for a few apps.
    I noticed that these are the ones that I had originally gotten with a different appleID.
    Now, they appear on my "updates" list in app store, but I cannot update or launch these apps.
    Apps are not dodgy - they are basic ones like Google Maps, Shazaam, and Google Chrome.
    I do still have access to the appleID that I had originally used to get these apps.
    They do not appear in any folders or when I search the phone, just on the appstore "updates" bit.

Any idea how to get at these apps (launch, update or delete & reinstall)?

Thanks.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

In the Settings app, sign out of your current Apple ID for the app store.
    Sign in with old Apple ID. Go back to the app store app and download/update.
    Sign out of old Apple ID, sign back in with current.

3. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Because the apps in question are of the "free" variety (Google Maps, Shazaam and Google Chrome are), just install them using your current AppleID/iTunes account...

4. pmacleod8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup. Tried that. Google app says "open" rather than "update", but won't open. Also still can't see in in any folder or in search - just on appstore app. Same for Shazaam & eBay
    --- Post Merged, Apr 28, 2017 ---
    Would love to. How?

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried checking for them under Settings > General > Storage > Manage Storage?