cannot locate microsoft optical intellimouse software in finder

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Sossity, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I installed the microsoft optical intellimouse .dmg software on the mac side of my 2010 i7 macbook pro.

I then go into finder & look through the apps list, & I do not see it. I wanted to bring it to my dock or desktop or have it in the system preferences, so I could configure the mouse. When I go into system preferences, & click on the mouse there are just 2 options to configure, the pointer & cursor speed.

I also installed this software on my windows 7 installed via parallels desktop 5, & when I go into the control panel, & click on the mouse, there alot more options to configure the same mouse.

2. Queso macrumors G4

It's been a while since I used a Microsoft Mouse, but are you sure it's not in the System Preferences?

3. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I think so, I went into system preferences & there were only 2 options, much less than the control panel options on the windows side installed on my mac.

4. circularforward macrumors 6502

For my MS Explorer mouse, there is a "Microsoft Mouse" app under "Other" in System Preferences.

5. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you! I found it, I knew it to be somewhere, I kept going to the mouse, did not know it considered it "other"

6. circularforward macrumors 6502

Yes, I think it would make more sense for it to be under the main mouse settings too. =)