Cannot log in after update to DP5

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by iGawain, Aug 8, 2013.

1. iGawain macrumors member

I updated my developer beta to version 5 this morning on my work computer, and found it no longer accepted my password. I had to do a full restore (3 hours) from time capsule and download mavericks all over again to try again. Though this time I created a second admin account without a password also.

So I've just reinstalled beta 5 and once again I can no longer log in. The little bubble pops up saying network login unavailable (this isn't usually an issue), but if I try either of the admin accounts (one with and one without password) it simply fails as though I've entered the wrong details.

Anyone else had a similar experience? I'm on a Windows server domain, but the Mac always logs in whether the network is connected or not.

Any suggestions before I restore again via Time Capsule and skip this update?

2. iGawain, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013

iGawain thread starter macrumors member

Just me then? No one else installing on a Mac connected to a domain? My Macbook Air updated no problem, but that's only on a local home network.

I've submitted a bug report, but would be interested to hear if this is an isolated occurrence, or others have experienced it also.

Guess I'll have to wait the 3 hours for it to roll back to DP4 again :(

Update: Just ran some commands via single user mode's terminal system and removed the setupdone file. This allowed the welcome window to pop up, like a brand new installation. So I try to create an account with my existing name, and low and behold - it's already in use. So I create a brand new admin account, a new password and then attempt to login - Back to square 1! Doesn't even recognise the new user.

Major bug this!

3. volsk macrumors newbie

4. iGawain thread starter macrumors member

Pleased it's not just me. I've tried all sorts of things to resolve, but had to roll back to DP4 and hope it's resolved in DP6+

5. heyadrian macrumors member

Oh dear lord... There have been issues for YEARS with Mac's logging onto Windows domains. Or shall I say, there have to be tweaks in order to get them on the domain xD

I'm pretty sure that the login won't work any more as when you upgraded it probably murdered the password hashes :D

Best way to do it is set it up as a standalone Mac and follow the steps on the following tutorial AFTER you're up to DP5, all updates complete and FIRST TimeMachine done.

lol I've been a victim of this too :D A great example of this is quite a few mobile banking apps which stored passwords on an iPhone or iPad began to say 'incorrect password' when you upgraded through the various iOS beta's :D

Anyway.. once you've done the above have fun here:

http://www.trainsignal.com/blog/join-mac-to-windows-domain

Hope it helps!