Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
I recently tried to create an account for my younger brother using parental controls. Although I was able to create and configure the account successfully, when I try to login to that account, the computer hangs during the login window, when I enter the correct password! I must shut down the computer manually in order to restart it, by holding down the power button.

Same thing happens with fast user switching enabled. I tried repairing permissions with no result.

I cannot allow my brother to use this computer without any restrictions as to what he will see. I have my own reasons for doing that. And I am also afraid if this problem is the result of a much bigger one I haven't noticed yet! Can anyone help me?

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Anyone? By booting from a newly installed Leopard system, I was able to log into a parental controlled account. So it must have something to do with the system.

Since no one knows what must I do, is a complete reinstall the only way to solve this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.