Cannot log in! Please help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CozmoCreepers, Aug 8, 2013.

1. CozmoCreepers macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm so glad I've found this forum. I am at my wits end trying to fix my MacBook Pro.

I bought it from Apple last year and it has run like a beauty, until last month when I tried to start up and log in and the screen goes white, then reverts back to the log in page. I've tried a couple of suggestions from people but they didn't work. I phoned up Apple (as don't have a store anywhere near me to talk with a Genius) and they wanna charge me £35 to fix it, which if I can help it, I don't want to do.

I am terrible with computers, so I would appreciate any help/tips to be in as easy to understand as possible (as I'm not too bad as long as things are explained easily).

Please help, I got married in May and I have ALL my wedding photos, video's, honeymoon videos, plus I have a song I made for my husband on the day on there with a video to it with all photos of us growing up etc, plus our hen and stag do. I'm petrified I'm going to loose it all!

I have an older MacBook (the white one) which I got around 2007...which I'm using now.

I really am begging for help, I need to get all the stuff thats on there off it at least, as I can't seem to get it through my iCloud :(

Please help!

Regards
    Cozmo

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

If there are important stuff in there then take it to Apple. It's definitely worth £35 for all the memories.

3. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

4. CozmoCreepers thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your responses.

I have tried all that niteflyr, unfortunately it did nothing, but thank you.

Last night I gave in a phoned Apple. They are saying I need to get a cable to transfer the data so I can wipe it. Which I will do tomorrow.