Cannot log in! Please help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CozmoCreepers, Aug 8, 2013.

1. CozmoCreepers macrumors newbie

Aug 8, 2013
    Hi all,

I'm so glad I've found this forum. I am at my wits end trying to fix my MacBook Pro.

I bought it from Apple last year and it has run like a beauty, until last month when I tried to start up and log in and the screen goes white, then reverts back to the log in page. I've tried a couple of suggestions from people but they didn't work. I phoned up Apple (as don't have a store anywhere near me to talk with a Genius) and they wanna charge me £35 to fix it, which if I can help it, I don't want to do.

I am terrible with computers, so I would appreciate any help/tips to be in as easy to understand as possible (as I'm not too bad as long as things are explained easily).

Please help, I got married in May and I have ALL my wedding photos, video's, honeymoon videos, plus I have a song I made for my husband on the day on there with a video to it with all photos of us growing up etc, plus our hen and stag do. I'm petrified I'm going to loose it all!

I have an older MacBook (the white one) which I got around 2007...which I'm using now.

I really am begging for help, I need to get all the stuff thats on there off it at least, as I can't seem to get it through my iCloud :(

Please help!

2. gngan macrumors 68000

Jan 1, 2009
    If there are important stuff in there then take it to Apple. It's definitely worth £35 for all the memories.
  3. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

Nov 29, 2011
    Southern Cal
  4. CozmoCreepers thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 8, 2013
    Thanks for your responses.

I have tried all that niteflyr, unfortunately it did nothing, but thank you.

Last night I gave in a phoned Apple. They are saying I need to get a cable to transfer the data so I can wipe it. Which I will do tomorrow.