Cannot mark TV Show Episode "as watched"

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by dwnldr, Jan 21, 2019.

1. dwnldr macrumors member

dwnldr

Friends !

i had this post in similar thread, but is sadly unwatched. I also made a try and create a same thread on Apple support forum, (weeks ago...) without reply. I really don't know how to resolve this huge issue. Maybe you have some ideas :

I'm using HomeSharing feature couple of years. The "head" = iTunes Server with all ripped content was an old Mini running 10.5.8 Leopard with the latest iTunes for this OS (i think 10.6.3). The "players" are two pieces of AppleTV3 (2gen), iPad, iPhones, other computers in our home. I changed the Server to newer machine, capable to run 10.14.x macOS mojave with the newest iTunes 12.9.x. Since this upgrade and update, the "mark as Watched" function on AppleTV doesn't work properly anymore. It's unbeliavable annoying trouble, especially if the main usage of the whole system is based on TV Shows (which i collect, rip to format, name and tag years long...). It makes AppleTV unusable. Just for sure, we are talking about 3rd generation of AppleTV with this nice, clear and easy interface with the blue dot before the unwatched episode name :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Normally, if i watch an episode of TV Show till end, the blue dot dissapears, and i know the episode is watched. Since mentioned upgrade, the dot "comes back" in couple of seconds after watching the episode. If i mark the "as watched" episode manually via Remote on AppleTV happens the same = the dot dissapears and comes soon back. iTunes on the The Mac/Server registers if i starts to play the file (it begins to countdown the minutes watched from file) but marking as watched is also possible only manually on this machine.
    I made next try and installed macOS Yosemite 10.xx (the oldest OS which supports the software, that i also would like to use on this machine), reverted back from APFS to HFS+, but nothing helped. As last, i installed 10.6.3 Snow Leopard with iTunes 11.4 and the it works again (of course, this system doesn't meet my needs). I have Apple Music subscription, and i suppose the "bug" comes from iCloud library, sync or something like this. However i disabled everything about this features in iTunes Server machine, i disabled syncing across devices, iCloud Music library, everything...but the bug was there. Sadly, if i activate the HomeSharing, iTunes logs me in to Store/iCloud. I think it has something to do with this online features, but it's just my opinion. All the mentioned content is my private library, so nothing from Store. I also don't understand what has TV Shows with with iCloud MUSIC library, but i think, the issue has something to do with Cloud features (since the years working machine with old iTunes without Apple Music support work without problems).

Have you maybe some experineces, idea, or just...something, how can i use further everything with new OS ?

Thank you !