Cannot mount NAS

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by looneysbin, Feb 12, 2011.

1. looneysbin macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for reading.

I am having a problem where my WDMB World Edition 2 will not mount. I usually connect to it wirelessly.

It has been working fine for a month and then I restarted my macbook and i can't connect to the disk anymore. Although just before I restarted, I was trying to play movies wirelessly through eyetvconnect and my ps3 (which had also been working fine for a month), but it couldnt play them anymore because of a 'DLNA error.'

I have WDMB World Edition 2 connected via ethernet to my airport extreme. Airport extreme is connected to the internet via ethernet through my broadband modem. I have tried to logon to the WDMB web interface but it just times out, have tried pinging and it has 100% packet loss.

I can see the had drive in the finder sidebar. When i click on it, it just says 'connecting' but doesn't do anything.

One strange thing, is that since ive restarted my macbook, also under the 'shared' heading in the finder sidebar is 'Macbook-001EC20930AC.' This has never been there before. Is that my macbook or someone else's? My wireless network has a pretty good password on it, so I have doubts it could be someone else?

I did update the airport software the other day, perhaps this is the/part of the issue?:confused:

Any help you can provide is great, thank you! :)

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

Have you considered the possibility that the NAS has changed IP address since you did a firmware update?

3. looneysbin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply gsahli

How do I go about checking that? (not quite as IT-literate as I would hope to be!)

4. looneysbin thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, previously it was 10.0.1.3. I just tried 10.0.1.2 in Safari, and the admin type page came up. Was able to log in etc.

Then went to Finder, Go, Connect to Server, entered 10.0.1.2 and connect, selected 'Public' to mount, and it has been trying to mount for a while now. So I guess similar to when I click on the disk in Finder...

Where should I go from here?

Thanks again.

5. looneysbin thread starter macrumors newbie

solved!

Solved this problem by

Finder, Go, Connect to Server, smb://myworldbook

Woohoo.:)