Cannot move or delete icons from top menu bar

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DYER, Dec 16, 2008.

1. DYER macrumors 6502

Ok this has been bugging me for a while now. I Somehow switched on 2 icons at the top menu bar (the one where the time is and so on) its the sync icon (the on next to bluetooth) and the one which looks like this <...> they hvae both gota go because they are bugging the crap out of me the <....> is for ppoe configurations (again no idea how I swiched that on)

Please help i would appreciate it greatly the rest are there for good reason and I can live with those.

Attached Files:

• bar.jpg
      bar.jpg
      File size:
      24.7 KB
      Views:
  2. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

You should be able to command-drag them out no problem. If you can't, the <...> icon can be turned off in System Preferences>Sharing, I believe, and the sync icon in iSync preferences.

3. DYER thread starter macrumors 6502

Command drag it worked thanks a lot.
    coming from windows i had no idea i could do that
    thanks for the speedy response i feel better allready ^^ (ocd is a bitch)

4. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

What is a shame, though, is that some menu bar items can't be moved.

Unless I'm mistaken, I can't seem to move my Weather Dock menu item at all - which isn't a problem at all, but I'd like to be able to move it a tiny bit.

5. rcvillafane macrumors newbie

I installed a printer a couple of months ago and it installed an icon on the top. I uninstalled it but the icon never went away. I tried to do what you guys explain here, but I still can't remove it.

How can i do?:(