cannot pair 3 bluetooth devices

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cuestakid, Jul 3, 2016.

1. cuestakid macrumors 68000

I have three bluetooth devices that I am having trouble pairing all together

Sol Republic Bluetooth headphones
    Kanex bluetooth keyboard(the one with multiple bluetooth options that allows you to pair your bluetooth devices to a laptop, desktop and tablet all separately)
    Logitech Bluetooth keyboard

I seem to be only able to pair two of each (keyboard and mouse, keyboard and headphones, etc.) When I am able to get all three, the audio in the headphones is choppy and one of the devices (usually either the headphones or mouse) will drop out. I do have a workaround (pairing the keyboard and mouse and using the wired cable for the same headset) but I would like to see if I can get all three working together. I have tried to remove the bluetooth plist file, as well as unpairing all devices turning off bluetooth, shutting down or rebooting but none has worked. I have also tried to turn off any other items that could be or trying to use Bluetooth but that has not worked either.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a way to make it work?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. cuestakid thread starter macrumors 68000

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Apple recommend a limit of 3-4 devices as the limit but do say you should keep in mind the sample rate of the devices.

Mice have a high sample rate as do headphones obviously.

5. cuestakid thread starter macrumors 68000

That was what I started to think (the headphones were taking up more of the bluetooth frequency and therefore that was causing the drop outs and there really is not much I can d0?)

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If the keyboard and mouse have there own receivers you could use them

7. cuestakid thread starter macrumors 68000

how could i tell if they have their own receiver ?

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

did they come with a little dongle?

9. cuestakid thread starter macrumors 68000

the keyboard did not, but the mouse did come with a dongle that is not for bluetooth but rather regular IR/IF connectivity. I forgot about this until you mentioned it but I believe the last time I tried to use it, I could not get it paired. I will try again and report back.