Cannot pair Apple Bluetooth keyboard to atv4

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jedisaga, Mar 26, 2016.

1. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

All,

For some reason, I cannot pair my Apple keyboard to my atv4. I just updated it to 9.2 and when I select Bluetooth devices under settings, it sees the keyboard but won't connect to it. Any suggestions?

J

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Could be a firmware update is needed, it that's an option, for your keyboard. I had a pair of JBL Everest headphones that wouldn't pair until JBL released a firmware update for them specifically for ATV4 compatibility.

I've paired 2 different keyboards so far, as well as my MacBook using Typeeto -- all 3 working without issue. For me personally though, other than seeing if it would work -- I'd rather use the remote ;)

3. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

I'll see if the Apple Bluetooth keyboard can receive a firmware update. Time for Google.

J

4. LiveM, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016

LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

I am not sure if you can use the Apple Magic Keyboard. Certainly the Apple Wireless Keyboard is now,supported work and the Magic one could work if it has never been used before.

5. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

6. AL2TEACH macrumors regular

if it's the same one used for the puter, maybe you have to disconnect it from the puter first?

7. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

It's not paired with my Mac. Like I mentioned earlier, ATV4 sees the keyboard but it won't connect. The Apple bluetooth keyboard is stuck in discovery mode.

J