iPad Cannot permanently clear search box in App Store

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by dcodea, Oct 6, 2014.

1. dcodea macrumors newbie

A search I performed about three weeks ago now lives forever in my Ipad Mini's search box in the App Store, in either the "updates" or "purchased" tabs. I press the "x" on the right side of the search box, and it is deleted, but it will be back if I navigate away to a different "page" (Featured, Top Charts, etc) or open and close the app. I can delete letter by letter, same thing. I perform a different search, and it will be gone, until I navigate away and then it is back. I have powered off, killed the app store in the background, and nothing seems to remove this search from the search box. I am sick of looking at it and deleting it every time I want to perform a search. What is going on here?

2. Wormald macrumors regular

Exactly the same issue here - iPad mini retina on 8.02 - the issue existed on 7.1.2 too I seem to remember.

3. crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

Used to have this bug to, and I tried everything but couldn't fix it. Eventually it annoyed me so much that I had to reset my device. Bear in mind that restoring from backup might not fix it so only setting up as new seems to help.