Cannot permanently delete mails from trash in gmail account

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by iphonik4, Jul 15, 2014.

1. iphonik4 macrumors newbie

When emails are deleted using default Mac OS X Mavericks mail.app, they move to the trash folder as expected and when I delete them from the trash folder, they dissapear as supposed. Unfortunatelly, after logging in to the gmail web-based version, the emails are still visible in trash folder. They are sort of hidden, because they are visible only in web-based version, not in any smtp client. Interesting is, that iPhone mail app deletes the mails correctly. This issue was tested on 3 computers (iMac 27" i5 late 2010, Macbook Pro Retina 15" i7 early 2013, Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 late 2013), 3 user accounts, and 3 gmail accounts. Do you have any suggestions?

2. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

No suggestions, but have been seeing that behaviour for quite some time now. Tried various settings with no luck, but not stressing it since my iOS devices will flush the trash some time during the day.

3. iphonik4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep. Agree, the best solution is to let my iPad/iPhone do it as they delete the trash correctly. Thx for this simple tip.