Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apb89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
The image I posted is an example of an audio file I just received from a friend. When clicked, nothing happens.

I tested in the apple messages app and it played perfectly.

Anyone that can give me any assistance is greatly appreciated, even confirming this is replicated on your device would be very great.

Attachments

• GXDlukW.jpg
    GXDlukW.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 426

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
The image I posted is an example of an audio file I just received from a friend. When clicked, nothing happens.

Anyone that can give me any assistance is greatly appreciated, even confirming this is replicated on your device would be very great.

Is this through mms or iMessage? What device do you have? iOS version? What version is bitesms? A list of your tweaks would be helpful too

For me, I have no problem playing videos that I receive in iMessage in bitesms

apb89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Is this through mms or iMessage? What device do you have? iOS version? What version is bitesms? A list of your tweaks would be helpful too

For me, I have no problem playing videos that I receive in iMessage in bitesms

I am still having this issue; it seems to be videos/audio messages only received via Texting (i.e. MMS). iMessage videos/audio received play fine. I am on an iPhone 5 6.1.2 evasi0n jailbreak.

Anyone else have any issue like this by chance?

Thanks and have a good day.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I am still having this issue; it seems to be videos/audio messages only received via Texting (i.e. MMS). iMessage videos/audio received play fine. I am on an iPhone 5 6.1.2 evasi0n jailbreak.

Anyone else have any issue like this by chance?

Thanks and have a good day.

What version of bitesms do you have?

TheShadowXX

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012

iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.1 jailbroken here.

I'm having the same problem as you. I already made a thread about this and got no responses. As far as I know there are no fixes. What I did as a workaround is save the audio file to my camera roll, then go to camera roll and view it there.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.1 jailbroken here.

I'm having the same problem as you. I already made a thread about this and got no responses. As far as I know there are no fixes. What I did as a workaround is save the audio file to my camera roll, then go to camera roll and view it there.

i was going to post and ask on the bitesms forum but i noticed there was already one so i just responded onto it: http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/1/topics/6360

none of the admin(s) replied so not sure if he saw it or not

the workaround would be to use the stocks messaging app to view it (i would prefer this because i don't want to save it to camera roll just to view it)

TheShadowXX

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
i was going to post and ask on the bitesms forum but i noticed there was already one so i just responded onto it: http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/1/topics/6360

the workaround would be to use the stocks messaging app to view it (i would prefer this because i don't want to save it to camera roll just to view it)

After I watch it in the camera roll I delete it.

Yeah you can also view it in the stock messaging app however I have that app hidden, via biteSMS.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California

Just keep at it, eventually someone will respond.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.