Cannot print borderless on plain paper since SL

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jmbill, Oct 6, 2009.

1. jmbill macrumors member

Since upgrading to Snow Leopard, I have been unable to print borderless documents from Pages.app onto plain A4 paper using my Epson R2400. Under page setup, I select A4 > Borderless Sheet Feeder but then under the print window, the option to print on plain paper is greyed out:

[​IMG]

If I go back to page setup and change the paper size to non-borderless (e.g. standard A4) I do have the option to print onto plain paper. But of course I loose the borderless printing.

The problem with using the Premium Matte Paper setting for printing borderless is that the printouts are very saturated - obviously the printer is putting down far more ink than required. I am printing onto 350 GSM card and have used this paper for a couple of years with excellent results. Traditionally I was just printing borderless with the plain paper option ticked and the results were perfect.

I followed some advice on the internet on another forum after updating to Snow Leopard and downloaded Printer Driver v6.57 for my printer. I'm told this is the most up-to-date driver currently available and was released in June. But this does not seem to fix my printing issue and the Gutenprint drivers don't seem to support borderless printing on the R2400 either.

I've phoned Epson twice now but their support is hopeless. The first time they emailed me a link to download updated drivers, but this link started downloading a .exe file which evidently was not Mac compatible. The second time I phoned I was past between assistants for a while before receiving the textbook "revert back to Leopard or wait to see if Apple fix the problem in an update" answer.

Are there any R2400 users or others with the same problem or got any solutions? My research on the internet hasn't turned up much other than a similar issue with some Canon printers.

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.1 (10B504)
    Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac8,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00
    SMC Version (system): 1.30f1

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions! :)

2. jmbill thread starter macrumors member

Any suggestions or have I posted this in this wrong forum?