cannot print to Mac shared printer from another Mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by phuong, Aug 14, 2007.

1. phuong macrumors 6502a

i used to be able to print from my MBP to a HP 1012 printer connected to a MP, wirelessly without any problem.
    i also used to be able to print to it from virtual machines running windows XP (both on parallels and fusion) using Bonjour service - the virtual machines are either from the MBP or MP. there has been no problem whatsoever.
    the router is Linksys with g-wireless, i dont remember which model.

suddenly today i found out the printer just disappeared from the MBP's printer list, as well as from the virtual machines's printer list.
    Bonjour could not find it either.
    so i tried to manually add it back to the VMs and it print just find. the settings is as in the attached image

However, here's the weird part. MBP cannot see that printer and even if i manually add it, no print job went through.

i'm not even sure if this is the problem with the printer, the MP or the MBP.
    any idea?

Attached Files:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I find it interesting that you posted a screenshot from Windows. Be that as it may, the DHCP server in your router may have changed the host's IP address. Your print job can go through only if you have the correct IP address.

3. phuong thread starter macrumors 6502a

the ip address is correct. the dhcp can't change it since i set it up like so (also that's why the print jobs from the virtual machines went through)
    the screen shot is from the windows vm, which shows how i manually add the printer to it. i do the same thing for the mac machine, but it doesn't work.

by the way, normally, Mac's Printer Setup Utility should be able to reveal shared printer from another Mac in the LAN. here, it just doesn't show up at all. yesterday, i just printed a whole 200-page just fine. but today the printer just completely disappeared from the list. gone. :confused: