Cannot re-install osx on Imac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by orchidchi, Jan 24, 2009.

1. orchidchi macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I have a iMac I bought mid 07, and I got bootcamp to install windows. So my windows os crashes, I go to re-install the windows and it deletes my mac osx. So I try to reboot the computer with the original max osx install discs that came with the computer, as I reboot I see the install cd icon and click it, and it starts loading the cd. And Keeps Loading, doesnt do much else. Can anyone help? :confused:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

How long did you leave it? It takes considerably longer to boot from the restore disk than from the hard drive.

3. orchidchi thread starter macrumors newbie

I left it on for about an hour & a half, and still nothing happend :\ Should I try longer?

4. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

completely repartition and reformat the hard drive using disk utility then do it

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

No, by "considerably longer" I meant more like 10 minutes.

Try rebooting the computer while holding command+option+P+R until you hear the startup sound a second time. Then try to boot to the restore DVD again.

That would be handy if the OP could boot to a disk at all. Reading comprehension...

6. orchidchi thread starter macrumors newbie

^Thanks I will try that right now, I'll post up what happens. Thanks much for the help