Cannot Read SIM Card?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Benguitar, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

So, in a nutshell, I jailbroke and then decided to unjailbreak, Then I restored from a backup and the factory restore had my screen resized incorrectly (the icon labels weren't placed properly) So I hit Option+Restore from a backup of 3.1.3 I copied before I jailbroke in the first place, Then when my iPhone 3G restarted iTunes says it cannot read the SIM card, I've tried turning the device on and off, I've tried plugging it in again, I even took the SIM card out and put it back in..

Still no good.

Can anyone explain to me what happened exactly and how can I fix this, Or do I just need to go to an AT&T Store and get another SIM card, Which I would really like to avoid doing.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Put your sim in another phone to make sure it works fine.
    Then if it works try a DFU restore on your iphone thru itunes.

3. Benguitar thread starter Guest

Benguitar

I would try that but there aren't any other phones around I could try it on... *fail*

I turned the device off, Took the SIM card out, Used an Aircan to clean the dust out of the SIM card slot and turned the device on, Put the SIM card in, And then turned it off and then back on to "reboot"

Now however the phone is stuck at the white apple screen..

It doesn't appear in iTunes, Is there anyway I can exit this screen or somehow force it to appear in iTunes and then do a restore, if so, How and how would I do a "DFU" restore?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. Benguitar thread starter Guest

Benguitar

Ah-ha, Thank you~ I put the SIM card back in and it loaded some new text messages, So I believe it is working. I'm restoring as we speak.

EDIT

The iPhone has appeared in iTunes and is now syncing my applications.

So far so good.

6. Benguitar thread starter Guest

Benguitar

DFU Restore worked, Thank you "Applejuiced"

Here's the comparison, With the fixed dock.

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

7. nica23 macrumors newbie

Same problem

HI. I've got the same problem.. only that everything was fine until I tried to restore last night and I kept getting the 1015 error. So I fixed it and I thought everything went well until I realized that my sim wasn't working. I think it's jailbroken because there is a Cydia app on my phone. I don't know what to do. Please help me and I don't want to restore again because I'm scared that I'll get the 1015 error again and it took me like 4 hours to fix. PLEASE HELP

8. rahul075manocha macrumors newbie

i am also facing that typa of problem, i am waiting for someone else for solution.