Cannot receive instant messages with MSN for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AndyS76, Oct 26, 2009.

1. AndyS76 macrumors newbie

hi everybody,

I downloaded MSN for mac, months ago and everything was working fine. Now, I am having problems receiving instant messages from some of my msn contacts. It seems to happen with people with email addresses ending in yahoo.com. I send them a message and it says "so and so is typing a message" but nothing gets through, my chat window remains blank. I do not understand what is wrong as it is happening with people I used to speak with before and there were no problems, except they just cant contact me through msn now. They are not receiving any error messages and can get all my messages fine. I am using microsoft messenger for mac V7.0.2 and its on a Macbook Pro using OSX 10.5.6.

I do not have and do not use a .mac address, I use my hotmail.com address for everything

It wouldn't normally annoy me, but I have to use msn to speak with clients from overseas, and its already cost me project time and people also thought I was ignoring them. It has also botched up a date I had with this girl as we couldn't contact each other and she thought I was ignoring her lol!!!

can somebody please help its making online life a misery!!

2. AndyS76 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

4. AndyS76 thread starter macrumors newbie

hi me again

no adium does the exact same thing! I have some people who I can see on msn, but I cannot see their messages but they can see mine, then when I start adium I can see theirs but they cannot see mine

c'mon folks surely I can't be the only person on this forum with this problem?? lol

It's driving me crazy!!! I am faced with the prospect of simply never being able to IM chat with some of my overseas friends ever again!! :(

I can't even find anything on google about this problem :eek:

5. AndyS76 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. stu3ufc macrumors member

i prefer yahoo to adium

looks better too

i have no idea whats going on with MSN but they have bugs they need to fix for Snow Leopard

7. AndyS76 thread starter macrumors newbie

can you import msn smilies into yahoo?

8. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

I had the same problem on my PC with MSN and people on Yahoo. It never consistently worked with them. I haven't spoken to anyone on Yahoo since I changed to Mac but so far MSN is working better with other MSN contacts than it did in Windows...go figure.

9. rbien macrumors newbie

Web Cam, Buddy List

How Can I Use Web Cam With Msn Messenger For Mac?

Why Every Time I Log On To My Msn Messenger I Have To Again And Again And Again Click On So Many Pop Ups For Adding Buddies That Have Been On My List For Years?
    Help Me Please.

P.s Please Disregard The Big Characters. :d

10. AndyS76 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont think you can use the webcam on msn with mac, I have tried and failed as have others!

to be honest the new msn service for mac is absolutely hopeless, its a jittery, glitchy unreliable pile of crap!

Get this, it USED to work with some yahoo contacts, now it's decided it doesn't like them and has stopped working with those people!

Nothing on the internet about it, no help, microsoft support.....ppff...man

it's an absolute lemon from start to finish!