iPhone Cannot receive photos over iMessage

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Enjoylife1788, May 22, 2016.

1. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Hello,

Since a while now, I have not been able to receive photos over iMessages. As shown in the screenshot, I can send without an issue. However whenever I get an iMessage, I see the thumbnail in the notification, however when I open the thread and try to download the picture, it would just show as in the screenshot.

I have years of messages in my phone and don't want to restore as new. I have tried resetting all settings. Hard reset. Dfu restore and restoring from backup. However the issue persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Cheers :)

Attached Files:

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

this happens when i am on my parents wifi too and i dont know why. sometimes it also just ends up being a "?" never figured out why.

3. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So you are saying that it works fine on 3G? However on the same wifi, it works just fine on my iPad?

4. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello Guys,

I tried restoring from icloud as well. Still No luck. Can anybody help me out please.

Dhrumil

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Are both sender and receiver using iOS? Do you have the setting checked to send by SMS when WiFi is not available?

6. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't revive images. I guess it has nothing to do with SMS. Isn't that correct. And yes both devices are on iOS.