iPad Cannot remove bookmark pane from Safari

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by clegray, Sep 30, 2014.

1. clegray macrumors newbie

I accessed my bookmarks when on Safari on my iPad running iOS 8.2. Now I cannot make it disappear. I rebooted the iPad, have tried everything I know to do. It is still there. It takes up 1/3 of the screen space on Safari. Any suggestions?

2. Arnieaz macrumors member

Bookmark pane

Can't you simply tap the bookmark icon again? The same icon you used to open the bookmark pane. :)

3. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

But that is soooooooo hard :rolleyes:

4. Solver, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

Solver macrumors 6502a

What Arnieaz said.
    Download the free Apple iBook manual on the iPad. There ways to use features there that few know about.

5. clegray thread starter macrumors newbie

Removing bookmark pane from Safari on iPad

Thanks for your help. I kept hitting the blue "book" in the bookmark pane - not the one next to the URL that I originally had hit to get to the bookmaks. I am quite sure that on iOS 7 or before, all I had to do was touch my safari window and the bookmark pane would disappear, and the Safari window would fill the screen. I have been using an iPad for 4 years and have never had such a problem. Again thank you!

6. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

I hate this new so called "feature" so annoying, it does not go away automatically.

7. Paddypower99 macrumors newbie

I have an Air 1 pad, iOS 8.2.
    Similar problem, but the suggestions here do not work. The Safari Bookmarks pane shows on my screen, as I write this. There are 3 icons: bookmarks, eyeglasses, and the @ sign. When I click on the blue colored bookmarks icon, or hold my finger on it - nothing happens. Any advice, please?