iPhone Cannot "remove from recents" ***FINALLY FIXED***

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by ACURA2015, Oct 14, 2015.

1. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

Hello Folks,

I've notice that ever since I upgraded to iOS9 any e-mail address that I enter stay as a recent entry and can no longer be removed as before when the small blue "i" with a circle around it would appear and you would just simply tap and "remove from recent" a specific e-mail address/es. Is this something they now removed from iOS9?? Now i have a huge list of recent e-mails address that I don't even write e-mails to 95% of them anymore and they remain listed.

2. Crusoe macrumors regular

It came back in 9.1 Beta 4. Still in Beta 5. Hopefully means it'll be in the production 9.1.

3. randomgeeza macrumors 6502

If you go into the mail app on OS X and select Previous Recipients, you can delete the recents from there. Give it five minutes and then check your iDevice list, they should be gone.

4. xerxers macrumors member

is there a way to mass remove all of the 'recents'?

Rather than doing it one by one.

This is on the iPhone 6 running 9.0.1. beta 5.

I do not have a mac just a PC with iTunes of course.

Xerxers

5. randomgeeza macrumors 6502

If you ain't got a Mac, then no, you have to work through the alphabet and do them one by one.

6. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

Same scenario here, I don't have a Mac, in that case how can we remove all these recent email entries?

7. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

But that is the thing, there is no longer an option to "remove from recent" old email addresses as before, that's the whole issue here.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yes, it's known about 9.0, and as mentioned earlier, it seems like it will be fixed in 9.1.

9. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

Hopefully, :) cause it's sure annoying having a list of old/unused email recipients.

Thanks

10. xerxers macrumors member

Acura,

Hi

I have an iPhone 6s running 9.0.1 beta 5 and the option to remove from recents is there and I have used it this morning but it is a pain as you have to remove each recent individually that is why I was hoping that there was a setting that once set would allow you to mass remove.

xerxers

11. randomgeeza macrumors 6502

As already mentioned, without a Mac and on a version lower than 9.1 Beta 4/5 you are stuck with them. On a version that has the feature enabled, annoyingly it's a one by one through the alphabet process.

With a Mac, go to Mail and clear your Previous Recipients list...

Good luck.

12. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

strange, maybe you're seeing that option to remove from recent on the emails because you're running a beta. I have the normal 9.0.2 and I don't have the blue letter "i" to be able to remove from recent. Thanks

13. randomgeeza macrumors 6502

No betas running here... Im on OS X 10.10.5 (waiting for an audio fix before moving up to 10.11.1). And 9.0.2 on an iPhone 6sPlus.

I have an 'i' next to my recents but am unable to remove them from the iDevice. However, I have been using Mail to remove them. Hence my advice above. As to why you don't even have the 'i', ...????

EDIT: Have you got Contacts from Emails ticked in settings? They could be added to your contacts list automatically, and therefore, iOS thinks they are legit addresses... Just a thought...?

14. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I have that features disabled of contacts from emails. Oh well, hopefully next updates they address it. Thanks anyways

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like it's in relation to running a 9.1 beta rather than a 9.0.1 one (which didn't have any released betas).

16. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

Finally iOS9.1 update from yesterday fixed the issue once and for all, so update your devices if you're having this issue. Good luck !

17. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

18. ganja24 macrumors 6502

not working for me, i still see recent email contacts when i create a new email, also when i create a new text it show contacts i no linger have saved in my contacts list. I have a mac tried to delete from mail app "previous recipients but it didn't delete from iPhone, i am on iOS 9.1

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

What about deleting them from the phone itself with iOS 9.1?

20. ganja24 macrumors 6502

i would have to go through each alphabet letter in mail and delete recent contacts 1 by 1, will take for ever. same with contacts, i am looking to clear the recent with 1 click

21. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

I understand it's a pain, but I also had to go 1 by 1 and delete them from the iPhone directly, it took me a bit of time but finally i cleaned it up, same goes for the text message portion is also a 1 by 1 deleting process. Good luck !