Cannot remove logic board, last step

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nyrblue35, Feb 7, 2015.

1. nyrblue35 macrumors member

nyrblue35

Hello,

I am attempting to replace the dc-in board and I have followed the steps on the ifixit site using https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+15-Inch+Unibody+Mid+2010+Logic+Board+Replacement/3097

I could not find a mid 2009 MB Pro 15" A1286 video as mine only has one fan, not 2. Well I have removed all screws needed yet when I try to pry it up it feels like its going to break. There are no other cables I can see, and even can se underneath with a flashlight. I just feel like I am going to break it. Is there some other cable somewhere hidden I could be missing?

As a reference here is a picture of what I got.

Attached Files:

2. Raunien macrumors 6502

I had this same problem too. Appreciate it if someone could shed some light.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Did you disconnect the speaker and microphone cables on the underside of the logicboard?

4. alex0002 macrumors 6502

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

nyrblue35's Macbook appears to be a 13" model. It only has one fan, all 15" and 17" Macbooks have two fans.

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

8. nyrblue35 thread starter macrumors member

nyrblue35

Thanks for the replies. Yes correct guide DeltaMac thanks. Problem is I see nothing else to be removed. I feel like the ports on the board are what is holding it in but I'm not sure. Step 25 is where I am stuck. I can't get the board up high enough at that angle to get at the mic cable. It just feels like there is too much resistance while pulling up.

9. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

That's one model I have never been inside...

You are likely correct about the ports, where the LB is basically stuck into the ports.
    Usually, when you get to that point, you should be able to gently lift the LB from the side opposite of the ports, and pull the LB slowly as you lift, pulling the whole LB away from the ports. It likely just needs to "let loose" from the ports.
    I would probably use a slow rocking action, so some pressure while pulling the board left and forward, then change to pulling the board left and back. Your main pressure will be to the left, but rocking the whole board slowly forward and back as you pull to the left.
    Does that make sense to you?
    My main idea would be to make the pull firmly and smoothly. Don't do this too fast - slow, but firm. Slow changes of direction, with no jerking.
    (I'm guessing you haven't spent much time disassembling laptops :D )

10. nyrblue35 thread starter macrumors member

nyrblue35

I have been building and working on computers for years but haven't had to disassemble laptops so there wise guy. Ha. I got it out by wiggling it back and forth and one final lift up. Problem is like a caveman I pulled one of the tiny wires out of the fan and it broke part of it that holds it in. I ordered a new one but now have to wait it out. Its such a small connector no less so I don't think I can solder it with the plastic there. I wish the fan would work with 3 wires but I doubt it would. :)