Cannot Repartition Drive in Boot Camp Assis. OR with Leopard Disk

Discussion in 'macOS' started by makasin, Apr 17, 2008.

1. makasin macrumors member

Ok guys so im stumped. I have 51GB left of my 250GB drive inside my MBP. I'm trying to install windows and create a 32gig partition, leaving me with 19GB left in OSX. I tried to re-partition the disk using the Boot Camp Assistant, and it says "ERROR: Some files couldn't be moved". Then I boot up using my Leopard Disk, do a repair, permission repair, and try to do the same setup in Disk Util. That didn't work, it said the disk was full. I tried a smaller number for the FAT drive. I tried 20GB, 15GB, I tried formatting the 2nd partition to Free Space, HFS+ journaled and unjournalled, as well as FAT-32 of course. Nothing seems to work, I keep getting the same error regardless of the size, type, etc.

Anyone have an answer? Did this happen to anyone? I kinda need to install XP to work on a homework assignment in this program called MatLab. Anyone know of an alternative to this in OSX? Should I just try to install it in Parallels? Is there any way to migrate the parallels file into a windows friendly partition to dual boot at a later time?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've heard reports in other threads that this problem is most often caused by your Mac's "sleep file". Deleting this fixes it (the Mac OS will create a new one for you when needed). Alas, I can't seem to locate the thread where this was mentioned.

3. makasin thread starter macrumors member

so i tried deleting the sleep image, i cleared up even more space. now i have 70+GB free and it still doesnt work. anybody got any other suggestions?